Kilby Parish Council serves the residents of Foston and Kilby within the District of Blaby. The Parish has around 100 households and whilst it is one of the smallest parishes in population, by acreage it is one of the largest in the District.
Kilby Parish Council provides your local services and strives to make improvements which will benefit the parish. Our website includes a wealth of information but if you can't find what you need or would like to recommend any improvements to our website then please contact us.
Posted: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 16:53 by Tina Cox
The sad news that HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh passed away this morning at Windsor Castle.
You may find it helpful to be aware of the following information and plans:-
- The Royal website (www.royal.gov.uk) will issue further announcements in due course.
- The Lord Lieutenancy will be taking a lead role across Leicestershire and information will be posted on www.leicestershire.gov.uk.
- Blaby District Council has set up a page on its website, further information, including the timetable of events, will be published when it becomes available.
- FLORAL TRIBUTES: We are awaiting further information and clarification on the laying of floral tributes due to pandemic but we are aware that the laying of floral tributes is discouraged to avoid large gatherings.
- BOOK OF CONDOLENCE: Due to the pandemic, virtual books of condolence are being opened. The Lord Lieutenant has set up a virtual book of condolence at https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/book-of-condolence
- Local districts will be directing the general public to this site. It is also likely that the Royal website will open up a virtual book of condolence in the coming hours/days and we will be sharing those details on our website when they become available. PLEASE NOTE THAT Leicestershire County Council have unpublished the link to the virtual book of condolence, please keep an eye on the link as we would expect it to become live again very soon.
- As a mark of respect and in line with protocol, Blaby District Council will be flying its flag at half- mast until 08:00am on the day after the funeral.
- At the request of The Duke of Edinburgh, there will be no state funeral (further details on the timetable will be published on the Council's website).
- Blaby District Council will be observing 2 minutes silence at 11am on the day of the funeral. » Less
Posted: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 15:57 by Tina Cox
Footpath closure for 1 day on the 16th March 2021.
Posted: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 12:09 by Tina Cox
*** Update ***
12.02.21 - work commencing on Fleckney Road, Wistow will start on 26th February 2021.
2 day only TTRO Glen Road, Newton Harcourt and Fleckney Rd, Wistow